Monday, November 21, 2011

The Lion! - Quiet Book page 1

So, we start off the week of quiet book pages with the lion page! You open the quiet book, and the first thing you see is this guy smiling back at you.


This page is all about textures. The lion's mane is made up of all different sorts of ribbons: soft and smooth, bumpy, wiggly, rough, and so on.


Our baby will be able feel and grab all the different ribbons. Hopefully that'll be fun for her and keep her entertained (at least for a couple minutes)! ;)



To download the free Lion Page quiet book template, click here or on the picture:



To download the entire Quiet Book template, click here or on the picture:

11 comments:

  1. love this idea! I now have a great series of things to do as gifts for my nephew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are amazing!!! I think the Mr./Mrs. Potato Head is my favorite, but all of your pages are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I tried to access the blog you suggest (http://thedixonstory.blogspot.com/ ) and it says that I have to be an invited reader to access this blog... HELP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I didn't realize the link was broken! You used to be able to see that blog, but not anymore. I'm sorry!

      Delete
  4. What kind of material did you use to make your book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felt for pretty much everything. On this page, the lion's mane is also made out of ribbons. :)

      Delete
  5. This was a goldmine I have not made anything yet,but I look forward to completing these projects for my grandchildren who are now 10 mos

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just wonderful!!!! Thank you for the templates. I was inspired to do this for a young mother that sits in front of us in church and has a VERY energetic little boy. He is always moving and making loud noises, it is very distracting for everyone. My husband suggested to me that she should take him out of church, but I feel there must be a solution to engage him and help him sit still for a little while and ultimately keeping both of them in church. I think your quiet book is the answer. I'm looking forward to putting it together and hopefully it will be a blessing to this mother of a little boy with so much energy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you fasten the ribbons? also I was curious, do you sew 2 felt sheets together to make a page?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.