Friday, December 2, 2011

The last page of the Quiet Book!

Okay everyone, thanks for hanging in there this whole time! Today I want to show you the last page and back cover of the quiet book.

Though the last page is actually a very simple concept and easily executed, it's actually pretty fun to play with. It's a weaving page:


All I had to do to make this page was measure the felt, cut out strips, and sew the edges down the top and left side. And done! It's actually pretty fun to play with, too. It's more complicated than it looks to weave all the strips together. So it should hopefully be pretty entertaining.

And here's the back cover of the quiet book:


As you can see, I sewed our last name on to the bottom left corner, in case we ever leave the book at church or something:


Ta-da! That's the whole book. I'll post a big summary post with all the different pages tomorrow, and a little bit more information about how I actually made it. :)


To download the free Weaving Page quiet book template, click here or on the picture:



To download the entire Quiet Book template, click here or on the picture:



Here are links to the other quiet book pages:

The Lion (Texture) Page







9 comments:

  1. Love the quiet book ideas. Congrats on your beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this site--I am a great-gramma with no babies in the family at this time--but-- our music director and his wife have the most adorable little kids that would just love these cute little books. I am sure I will have fun with these great quiet time projects as will the girls!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I wish I would have gotten around to making a quiet book while my kids were still young enough to really enjoy it. My youngest is now four so I think I will wait for grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your youngest might still enjoy it; I remember playing with one my mom made when I was probably 7-8. But if not, it's never too early to start for grandkids! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, thank you so much for sharing the templates for free! They are great looking and I can't wait to make this book for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :D I hope they (and you) have fun with it!

      Delete
  5. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage? My website is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would genuinely benefit from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Thanks a lot! https://theeastergoodfriday.com/easter-and-good-friday-in-greece/

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.