Thursday, February 23, 2017

Houston Zoo

We are lucky enough to live only about 25 minutes from the Houston Zoo. (That feels like nothing compared to how far everything in North Carolina was - in North Carolina, Target was 25 minutes away!) And my dad was super nice and got us a zoo pass for us this year, so the girls and I can go whenever we want. I am so excited, guys. I love zoos. (Did you know that being a zookeeper is one of my top dream jobs? The degree I got in college is one that would work for becoming a zookeeper. One day!)

We've already been a couple times. The first time we went with Alyse, Tanner, Tanner's sister Brittney, and all the babies, toddlers, and preschoolers we have. It was fun to hear from Tanner and Brittney how the zoo has changed since they first moved to Houston back when they were kids. And our kids had so much fun looking at all the animals!

Monkeys watching the monkeys:


I can't remember what these are called, but they're HUGE!


Walking back to our car, the girls and I walked by a man sitting on a bench making roses and grasshoppers out of palm leaves. They were so cool, so I bought one for the girls. It's gone now (palm leaves were never going to last long with a couple of little kids), but I'm glad we got it.


The second time we went was like two (or three?) Mondays ago. We were there for about three hours (that's around the right amount of time for us - the girls are still happy, but they've used up just about all of their energy.), and saw an entirely different part of the zoo than we did before.  First we went to the aquarium, then saw a lot of the birds (which we so cool!), then played on the playground in the kids area, pet goats in the petting zoo, and saw most of the animals in the children's area.


I feel like Houston Zoo's the perfect size - it's got lots of animals so you can see different things every time, but you don't have to walk miles to get to each exhibit (like LA or San Diego Zoo)

We can wait to go lots more times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.