Thursday, November 24, 2016

Our Next Adventure

It's been a while since I updated the blog. Multiple factors are responsible for this, the main one being that it's easier to read books and eat cake than begin to sort through the overwhelming amount of pictures from the last couple months. But big things are happening in our lives, and it's high time that I update you and tell you what's going on.

Jason's graduating. In less than a month. He will have finished the Physician Assistant program at Campbell University here in North Carolina, and after taking his boards will be a fully qualified PA.

And because of that, we're moving to Houston, Texas. Jason's been accepted into the pediatric surgical PA fellowship at Texas Children's Hospital; it's a year-long program and he'll be doing all sorts of cool stuff.

We've sold our house; it's currently under contract and we're doing all the stuff that needs to happen for it to close at the beginning of January. And we're looking for a good place to stay in Houston.

So right now we're packing and planning and filling out all sorts of paperwork. It's a crazy time and I'm already missing North Carolina but we're excited for everything that's ahead of us. I'm thankful for the opportunity we had to come here, and for all the friends we've made and experiences we've had, and I'm thankful for this new opportunity.

Happy Thanksgiving; I hope you have a wonderful day!


3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!! Shaun served his church mission in south Houston and he loves it there, I think you will too! And btw I wish we could have a book-reading and cake-eating club, haha! ;) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your blog updates, moving states and selling a home are a handful! Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happened upon your blog a couple of years ago while I was searching for quiet book inspiration. We share faith AND my son in law was preparing for PA school, so it was nice to keep up with you and your family. He has decided that he is going into IT (talk about an about-face!) BUT I am originally from Houston! You will absolutely love the medical community there and the church is wonderful! Traffic is another issue....You're about to start school soon...I think....you will want to make sure you stay away form Houston ISD and a couple of the others. if you have a choice, Katy is THE place to be!!! It's a longer commute but great housing, great schools and a great stake! If you have questions, let me know! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.