Friday, June 17, 2016

Presenting Susanna Joy Thomas


Born June 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM
7 pounds, 7 ounces
20 1/2 inches long
Endlessly Cute


Jason and I drove to the hospital early on Thursday morning, arriving at 5 am for my scheduled induction. They started the induction at 7 am, breaking my water and starting me on a very low dose of pitocin, and then increased the pitocin at 8 am. At about 8:15 I started to have regular contractions and she was born at 10:53 am, less than three hours later!

My mom brought the girls to the hospital in the afternoon to meet their new baby sister, and they were so cute together. When Zelda walked in the room and saw Susanna, her face lit up and she said, "My baby! My baby!" and walked over and poked her in the eye. Ellie asked to hold her, and we helped set her up on the bed so she could hold Susanna in her lap. Both girls loved her and kept saying she was "so tiny" and "so cute."


After a little while Jason took Ellie and Zelda to go get some lunch. On the way back they stopped at the grocery store to buy me some snacks, and the girls saw and insisted on getting a balloon for me and the baby. When they got back Ellie wanted to hold Susanna again.


Zelda brought the balloon over to me and gave it to me to hold. Because I knew Zelda's really been wanting a balloon (she asks every time we see one), I told her that we could share it and handed it back to her. She held it for a minute with a big smile on her face, then shouted "Your turn!" and gave it back to me.

The girls also brought drawings from home for me and the baby. They are so cute and when I get home from the hospital (Susanna and I will be discharged tomorrow) I'll scan them into the computer and post them, too.

My mom and the girls went home so they could have dinner, while Jason stayed for a couple more hours and then went home to help put the girls to bed. When I was ready to go to bed myself I was able to take Susanna to the nursery so that they could watch her, which was really great. I slept well, although it took me a surprisingly long time to fall asleep (maybe all the adrenaline from the day?).

Today was good; Jason came back to the hospital at like 8:30 this morning and stayed for most of the day. He took care of Susanna when I took a long nap in the middle of the day, and we were able to have lunch together and just hang out and enjoy the baby.


She is so sweet and has been an absolute dream so far. She's eating well and sleeping lots and is just adorable. We love her so much and are so glad that she's here!

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you Jocelyn! God bless!

    Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Congratulations...She is perfect. And how did you luck out with those dinosaur blankets?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.