Friday, July 10, 2015

Little monsters - Captain's Log, Week 272


I apologize in advance, because I feel like a lot of the pictures this week are blurry or dark or overexposed. But they preserve the memories, and that's what counts. 

What the girls said this week

Ellie: "I don't want an egg sandwich! I want a bread, and egg, and a bread!" 

What we did this week

Looking back at this week, I feel like we didn't have single events so much as we had multi-day themes going on. These were the main themes of this week:
  • I started another blog
  • Zelda started getting really close to climbing out of her crib, so we converted it to a toddler bed. The first night she and Ellie were running around the room for hours. We eventually pulled out the pack'n'play and put her to sleep in there, and then transferred her to her bed when she fell asleep. We did that for the next two nights, and also put her down for her naps in the pack'n'play. It didn't seem like we were making any progress though, so we switched her bed back to a crib yesterday. She's just too young to make the switch to a toddler bed. So we pretty much just have to cross our fingers that she doesn't climb out of her crib for the next while. 
  • We're preparing more for Spain. I read about the history of Spain and Portugal this week, and we're beginning to pack a little bit, and I went to the dollar store to get all kinds of goodies for the girls while we're away and they're with my mom.
  • Part of preparing for Spain was cleaning out and organizing the playroom this week. I just finished this morning, and I am so relieved, because it's finally clean for the first time in days. Having everything all over the floor during organization was driving me crazy!
  • I listened to more Don Quixote on Librivox. I'm on chapter 41, which means I'm getting close to finishing Volume One.
  • The girls played out on the deck a ton this week. They love their little $5 pool we got from Walmart, and are out there everyday splashing in it and throwing toys in and out of the water. The shade structure + the little pool = heaven to them.

Okay, now our pictures for this week.

On Saturday (the fourth of July) we went to a park up in town. It was one we haven't been to before, and we were kind of surprised to find a super weird climbing structure instead of a normal playground. The girls still had fun, though. 



Ellie intensely riding the springy ducky:


The park (which was clearly designed for an older age group - like middle school aged kids) had this super weird slide that didn't have sides. And it was pretty tall, too! It seemed like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Jason and I both went down it, but it was really scary.


We went to a different, more age-appropriate park after the girls were satisfied with playing on this one. We didn't do fireworks on Saturday, since we'd already done them on Friday, so we just relaxed at home for the rest of the day. 

The girls have played dress up a couple times this week. Here they are as monsters, walking around holding hands:


Here's a picture of the first night we converted Zelda's crib into a toddler bed. Ellie climbed in and wanted to sleep in there with her, which we were fine with. It didn't last, of course, but it was cute when they were in there together.


Our tomato plants are doing great, and have been loving all the rain we've had lately. I don't think I've had a chance to pick a single tomato off the plants, because Ellie and Zelda keep picking them off  and eating them as soon as the turn red. I'll go out to the deck and find one of them wandering around, working on a half-eaten tomato. I'm so glad they like them!


 Here's another day that Zelda was a monster. She was walking around, saying "Rarr!"


On Wednesday the girls and I went to the park in the morning, and then went to the library for a special "messy play time" activity. They had stations that we rotated around, with fingerpaint, playdough, shaving cream, and a sand table. The girls had a lot of fun. 


And last but not least, here's a picture of what I found when Cat slipped into the house one day. I went around the bedrooms looking for him, and found this:


And that was all of our week that I remember, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.