Friday, June 5, 2015

Born to Run - Captain's Log, Week 267

These girls love running. They run around the house all day long, and when we go outside they run all around the yard. Zelda will run in circles, swinging one of her little arms way more than the other, saying, "So fast!"


This week's weather (cool and wet) has been great for playing outside. Yesterday the girls and I played in the yard and took a walk up to the stop sign in the wagon.

Ellie kept calling to Zelda to have her join her at the top of the hill in our front yard. When Zelda got up there, Ellie would yell, "On your mark, get set, go!" And both of them would take off running down the hill.


 Cat was hanging out with us, of course:


"On your mark, get set, go!"


 Ellie was trying to reach this low branch on our tree:


Zelda tried too: 


Since I just wrote the last Captain's Log like three days ago, I don't have much to report. I do have this quote from Ellie from yesterday's walk:

Ellie: "Mom, look at these flowers!"
Me: "Um, I don't like that bush. It looks like it has snakes in it."
Ellie: "It's okay. I have bug spray."
Me: "Well it's bug spray, not snake spray, silly."
Ellie: "It makes snakes not bite too."
Me: "No, it makes bugs not bite."
Ellie: "Snakes are bugs?"
Me: "No, snakes are reptiles."
Ellie: "Oh." (She left the bush after that.)

Zelda's also started saying "I wan houd you," (I want to hold you) and it's really cute. I know I say it every week, but her language skills are just increasing by leaps and bounds. She repeats and says new words every day. 

And that's it for this week! I hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love my little running angels!!! They are so cute. I'm glad Ellie wants to avoid reptiles.

    Papa

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.