Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Family Portrait

Zelda, Ellie, Jocelyn, and Jason

This is a family portrait of us, via our favorite blankets.

Zelda's blankie is on the far left; she received it as a gift from my friend Valerie, when we were living in Fullerton and Zelda was a brand new baby. We liked that it was crocheted and so had holes in it, so she could grab it easier with her little baby hands. We also liked that if it covered her face she could still breathe easily. For these reasons it became the default blanket we always gave her, and she quickly came to love it. She carries it around all the time, and calls it her "binkie" (her attempt at saying "blankie").

Ellie's blankie is the pink and green polka-dot blanket second from the left. Someone gave it to us for Ellie before she was born, but I can't remember who. (Sorry! If it was you, comment and tell me.) We used this blanket with her the most often out of all the blankets because it was made of fleece and the softest one we had. After a million washes, it's not quite as soft but it's still definitely Ellie's favorite.

The next one is my own; it's a pillow I've had since I was two and I call it Pillowy. My family pokes fun at me for still keeping it around, but that's okay. :)

And the last one is Jason's blanket. Because I'm a blanket hog, we sleep with different blankets at night. We got this one (it's blue and covered in snowmen) from his grandparents for Christmas a couple years ago, and it's the one he uses every night. It's definitely not a "blankie" like the rest of ours are, but I wanted to put it in the picture anyway because it is his favorite blanket.

So there we all are!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! My kids have numerous blankets.
    I enjoy your blog- it always brings a smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been reading your blog too - it's fun to see the progress you're making in the backyard!

      Delete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.