Friday, May 15, 2015

And now Grandma! - Captain's Log, Week 264


What the girls said this week

Ellie: "Dad, you're trusting me!" (She meant "frustrating.")

Ellie: "These seashells are sclendid." ("Splendid.")

Ellie: "Mom, I got cat food for the cat!" (We don't have cat food.)
Me: "Oh, you did? What's the cat food?"
Ellie: "Um, water and garbage."


What we did this week

After saying goodbye to my Dad and Debbie last Thursday, we had one day without grandparents, and then my mom came on Friday! She stayed all weekend and Monday and went home on Tuesday. The girls had sooo much fun playing with her, and of course I loved having my mommy here. Especially on Mother's Day!

Just a few of the things the girls did with my mom:

Look at pictures (This is our 2012 photo book; Ellie was telling my mom all about being a baby):


Make cookies:


Play outside:


Um, ever since I got my new haircut, I've been taking more selfies. I...have no defense.


Also, check out this huge bruise I've had all week! I got it when we were at the ice cream place last week with my Dad and Debbie. I fell over this fence thing, and saw the cut immediately, but the bruise developed a couple hours later. Zelda has kept pointing it out this week, saying "Owie," and giving it kisses.


Also, while I'm showing you random pictures of myself, what color do you think my eyes are? As a kid I always said hazel, but now I call them blazel because I think they're kind of bluey-green (with the orange in the middle, of course). I don't know.


Zelda came over and joined me in the hammock a couple times.


Back inside: We babysat a dog for a day while my mom was here. She's a beagle/basset hound, and really cute and good with kids. Ellie and Zelda loooved having a dog here for a day. Jason, not so much. It'll be a while before we get a dog of our own, haha.


Ellie spelled this word on the fridge when she was playing with Grandma. My mom said she carefully sounded it out and chose each letter. Can you guess what it is?


"Buzz Lightyear."

Zelda decorated my face while Ellie was playing with letters:


Ellie's also gotten quite good and getting what she wants out of the fridge:


My mom left on Tuesday and the girls were really sad to see her go, but were reassured by the fact that she's coming back in a couple months. Ellie keeps telling us that "Grandma's coming back in a month," now.

Other things from this week: One morning Zelda wanted me to put this red cape on her, so I did. Like half an hour later, I walked past her in the family room, and she was sitting there eating an apple she had gotten earlier. She looked like a mini Snow White! I did a total double take.


The girls got a hold of my phone this week and took the following pictures (among many others):


We also played outside in the yard one day this week, and both girls wanted to pick flowers. They kept bringing more and more to me, and we made quite a big clover and dandelion bouquet.


Also, Zelda. In this basket. Saying "Fwwying!" ("Flying!") as Jason carried her around.


I hope you have a good weekend ahead of you!

1 comment:

  1. So fun that you've had both your parents come!!! I'm sure you all loved that! Okay your eyes are EXACTLY the same color as Bradley's!! And I have no idea what to call them. They are currently changing. Until he was like 2 I always said they were blue, and then they changed more to a grayish color and now they have developed the greenish color and the brownish-orange in the middle. So cool! I think I would still say hazel, but I don't really know. If you figure it out...let me know. Love the Buzz Lightyear and Snow White!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.