Saturday, December 6, 2014

Captain's Log, Week 241


What the girls said this week

Words Ellie read this week all by herself: "Dog," "Off"

Jason was getting ready to leave for school.
Ellie: "Are you going to go to school with all the kids?"
Jason: "Yes. Ellie, what do I do at school?"
Ellie: "You do doctor and eat lunch."

One afternoon this week I had a bad allergic reaction to some soy I ate (it was hidden in the tuna I had for lunch as "vegetable broth" (= soy broth)), and so I was feeling really bad. Ellie saw me lying on the floor and wanted me to play with her, but Jason told her I was feeling sick. So she ran over and said, "I'll give you a magic kiss!" and kissed me. Then she grabbed my head and counted down "10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!", kissing me in between each number.


What we did this week

Jason's Christmas break started! He had finals Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and then he was free! So we've been able to spend the last couple days all together, and that's been really fun.

Last Friday, the day right after Thanksgiving, we went and got a Christmas tree. :) I don't know if I've ever had one this early before, and I love it. We decorated it that same day and also put the baby gate all around it, so Zelda can't pull lights or ornaments off. Ellie asks to go behind the gate all the time, and we let her, because she likes to go rearrange the ornaments and she's careful with everything. We only have one or two really breakable ornaments, and we put them at the top where she can't reach them. Although the first time she was playing with the tree, she called out to me, "Mommy! Toss me my stool!" so she could use her stool to reach up higher. I didn't "toss her the stool," haha. :)

The girls also got a nativity play set this week from their Nana, which they love. They've been playing with it every day. Jason and I have to go hunt down the figurines after the girls go to bed; somehow a couple of them end up under the couch every day.

On the reading front, I finally finished Rainbow Valley this week (it took me a couple weeks), and I also read Rilla of Ingleside, the last in the Anne of Green Gables series. They were both good, but Rilla was awesome! I wasn't expecting to like it so much, but I did.

Also, as I was driving down the road into town this week, I saw all this white stuff caught in the grass on the side of the road. At first it looked like a bunch of bits of paper, but looking more closely I saw it was lots of little clumps of cotton! They harvested all the cotton fields around here in the last couple weeks, and apparently little stray bits of cotton escaped and are blowing around.

Something funny from this week: I was scrolling down instagram, and saw this cute picture of my sister Sydney and her friend Lindsey:


And then I was like, wait...I swear I just saw that picture, and scrolled back up one picture. And there was this:


Right on top of the other one! It made me laugh. :) I wish we were close enough to go see the Christmas lights at Temple Square too; they are so pretty!

Other pictures of our beautiful girls this week:

Zelda, doing...something:


Birdwatching with Mommy:


Going out in their new stroller:


Playing on the deck:


Playing outside later that day:


Raking leaves and playing in the leaf piles with Daddy:


Trying to open the front door:


Ellie's "animal park":


And what I saw when I walked into the kitchen this morning:


And that was pretty much our whole week! Christmas decorations, the start of Jason's Christmas break, and lots of playing together. :)

1 comment:

  1. so cute! I love the last one of the girls in the kitchen and all the stroller pictures. :) Also this makes me want to finish the Anne series. I actually stopped right before the last two because I was a little tired of reading them and I wasn't sure I would like it being about Rilla instead of Anne...but now I want to read them! Have a fun Christmas break!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.