Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 in Review


Time to look back at 2014!

We checked out 104 library books.
We went to the park 26 times.
We went to the zoo 3 times.
We went to Disneyland 2 times. 
We drove 2,559 miles, through 9 states, in 6 days.

New nephews we gained: James, Grayson
Zoos we went to:  Santa Ana, San Diego, Aloha Safari
Beaches we went to: Huntington, Newport, Corona Del Mar, San Clemente, Surf City
Favorite TV shows: Doctor Who, Property Brothers, Income Property
Movies Jocelyn liked this year: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Saving Mr. Banks, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Movies Jason liked this year: Ender's Game, Guardians of the Galaxy, Earth to Echo
States we visited: California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina


How I did on my 2014 Resolutions

My resolutions for 2014 were "Read more," "Exercise more," "Use the internet less," and "Immerse myself in the gospel." I did pretty good at reading and exercising more - I really got into the habit of reading again last January, during my month-long break from the internet. And even when I let myself go back on the internet after that month, I kept up the reading and read a lot more books last year than in the couple years before that. Ever since Ellie was born it was hard trying to find a balance between motherhood/finding time to read, but I think I finally figured it out last year, and I am so happy to be reading a lot again.

As I already talked about in this post, I went through a couple different exercise periods last year, and since September have gotten into a good groove of walking at least 10,000 steps every day. It usually adds up to about 30 extra minutes of exercise each day.

Using the internet less - I still need to improve on this. It's migrated from spending too much time on the internet on the computer to spending too much time on the internet on my phone - and I hate it. I really want to cut back.

Immersing myself in the gospel - I didn't do great at this either. I didn't do worse than in years past, but I didn't really do better, either. Something I want to work on in 2015!


Projects we completed in 2014

One of the big projects I did this year was scanning all of my grandparents' photos and slides. There were a ton, and I'm really glad they're in digital form now. I also made a couple photobooks; I put together a book of all the pictures from my senior year of high school and Jason's first year of college (and a little book of the following summer), I made a little storybook of the girls, I made a book of my nephew Max's first year, I made a Father's day book for my dad and a book of him and his brother Brad, and I made a book of my grandma's time serving in the military. I also printed (from the company Lulu) a book of my junior year in high school and our 2012 blog book.

One of the projects Jason did this year (in addition to starting school and all that entails) was scanning all the childhood pictures of himself and his siblings, so now we have all those in digital form too.

2014 was a big year for us. We took a cross-country road trip, moved to North Carolina, and Jason started PA school. We're excited for what the next year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.