Friday, November 14, 2014

Captain's Log, Week 238


What the girls said this week

On Sunday I wore tights with my Sunday outfit. Ellie noticed, came over, and was trying to pull them off from the bottom.
Ellie: "Where are your toes? Take them off! Take them off!"
Me: "No, I'm going to keep my tights on today."
Ellie: "I want you to be Mommy again."

Ellie, spinning around her room: "I'm ballerin-ing!"

Ellie put on some tennishoes and said, "Daddy, I'm kind of like you!"
Jason: "Oh, are you wearing running shoes?"
Ellie: "No, I'm wearing walking shoes."

Ellie and I did puzzles several times this week. One time I messed up the puzzle (after we were done), and she said "That was ridiciful! Mom, was that ridic..."
Me: "Ridiculous?"
Ellie: "Yes, ridickorious."

One morning she used the word "Cute-iful" several times.

On Wednesday the girls and I drove with Jason to his school so that we could take the car home (I needed the car for the day). It was a very, very foggy morning and it made the landscape very different and cool. As we pulled up to Jason's school, the buildings loomed out of the fog, shaped like spooky cathedrals, and we said to each other that they reminded us of some kind of haunted mansion. Then, as Jason was getting out of the car, Ellie asked "Is this like a Disneyland ride?"

Ellie, closing the door to my bathroom: "Mom, I closed it. Mom, don't take a shower ever again."

Ellie was being super silly after her bedtime on Wednesday night. We heard noises in her room waaay after she was supposed to be asleep, so we went in to check on her. She was very silly with us ("I have Buzz Lightyears in my mouth. There's so many Buzz Lightyears in my mouth!") and asked for a drink of water. I went and got her one and brought her back a sippy cup that was about halfway full. When I gave it to her she pushed it away and said, "No, all the way to the top!" So I went to the bathroom sink and filled it up more and brought it back. It still had a small amount of air (like an inch) at the top.
Jason: "Look, it's full all the way to the top!"
Ellie: "No, that's just closer."
(I fill it more)
Jason: "Now it's full all the way to the top."
Ellie: (Inspecting it from every angle.) "Maybe."

Me, jokingly to Jason: "Nobody likes me."
Ellie, unseen, somewhere to my left:  "I like you! I like you!"

Ellie: "Mom, I'm a mouse. Mom, the mouse hugged you!"

Today Ellie came to me with a tissue in her hand and told me, "Mom, I got a tissue and I smelled very hard on it."

Two words: Creature Powers


What we did this week


Another low-key week for us! Our week has mostly consisted of Jason going to school and me staying home with the girls. Last Friday for our date night Jason and I watched Maleficent. We liked it; it was a clever way to re-imagine Sleeping Beauty. On Saturday we stayed home, on Sunday we went to church, and all the days this week Jason went to school while the girls and I (mostly) stayed here.

Wednesday was different; Ellie had her flu vaccine appointment on Wednesday, so the girls and I drove Jason to school (so I could bring the car home to have to drive to the doctor's office), went to the doctor's office a little while later (where Ellie actually got to have the flu nasal mist instead of the shot, so she was happy about that!), and then went to the end of library storytime and then to the park with some people from our church (and then a couple hours later picked Jason up from school). It just a little bit of a crazy day, but it was good to get out of the house.

One other thing I've started doing this week is updating the Quiet Book Blog again and responding to a backlog of emails. I'm so bad at replying to emails, voicemails, texts, facebook messages, you name it. They give me anxiety and I get kind of paralyzed when I think about them, and the longer I put them off the more anxiety I get and the more paralyzed I become. It's an ironic, unfortunate cycle. But this week I was able to reply to some emails, and get some posts up on the other blog, so that's good.

In book news, this week I finished "The Blood of Olympus," "Anne's House of Dreams," "Anne of Ingleside" and just started "Rainbow Valley" (also by L.M. Montgomery, it's the next in the Anne of Green Gables series) tonight. Also, I've eaten a lot of chocolate this week. Probably more than any other food group. I don't know why that counts as book news, but I feel that it should.

Finally, these pictures are of Zelda from yesterday. She had a fever Wednesday evening, then it went away, then it came back mid-morning on Thursday. She took a really long morning nap on Thursday and was really lethargic in between that nap and her afternoon one. She just wanted to chill on the couch, and then just cuddled on top of me.


She's feeling better now, so that's good. :)

And that was our week!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that we get to see you next month! I have the same reaction about emails, etc.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.