Saturday, October 18, 2014

Captain's Log, Week 234


Hi everyone! So, this Captain's Log is a day late and really short, because my sister Alyse is in town and there's not time to put a full Captain's Log together right now. So, next week's will have tons of pictures, from this week and the next week. A quick summary of this week: Jason had Saturday class last weekend, we did a big grocery shopping trip and I made a bunch of new freezer meals for the next month, we had church on Sunday, Jason had class Monday, Tuesday, and then only half of Wednesday and is now on Fall Break, I had my birthday on Tuesday, and my sister Alyse and her son Ezra flew in on Thursday and we're having tons of fun with them right now! So that's our week in a nutshell. Pictures next Friday!

What the girls said this week

Ellie was sitting on the couch one day and I counted her toes.
Me: "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten."
Ellie: "Oh no! There's no eleven. How will we count to eleven?"

Ellie wrapped herself in this rug thing one day. Ellie: "Mom, I'm a hamburger! Eat the burger!"

(After walking fast) Ellie: "Mom, I speeded so fast!"

I walked into the playroom and Ellie was drawing on her hand with marker. When she saw me come in, she hid her hand behind her back and said, "I need paper, Mommy." 
Me: "Are you hiding your hand?" 
Ellie: "Yeah, I'm hiding my hand."

One day Ellie took a bunch of baby wipes out of the wipes container and draped them over the rail of Zelda's crib, and then told me "Mom, I made an elephant!"

Ellie ran into the office while I was on the computer and said, "Mom, I want to love you!" and tried to give me a hug. I was like, "Awww," and I picked her up and hugged her. Then she said, "Now I give you a kiss," and she kissed me on the cheek. And I'm just sitting there, thinking, "How sweet!" And then she said: "Now I get the doot-doot?" (That's the ipad.)

We (Ellie, Zelda, and I) were in a bedroom, and Ellie started pushing Zelda over with the curtain.
Me: "Ellie, are you pushing Zelda over?"
Ellie: "Yeah! It's being good to her."

Ellie was climbing up a pile of books in her room. Ellie: "Mom, I climbed up the clock! Hickory dickory dock."
Me: "Hickory dickory dock, you climbed up the clock?"
Ellie: "Yeah!" Then a minute later she fell off the books, and said "That was ridickorious."
Me and Jason: "That was ridickorious?"
Ellie: "Yes, because it was skanky."

Alyse: "Ellie, who's bigger, you or Zelda?"
Ellie: "Zelda."
Alyse: "No, you're bigger than Zelda."
Zelda: "ZELDAAA!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.