Friday, September 12, 2014

Captain's Log, Week 229

"I'm the happiest biggest girl."
What Ellie said this week

(Note: Jason was showing Ellie a book where a mom and dad had a bunch of little kids around them, and was telling her that they were all brothers and sisters. I am NOT pregnant.)
Jason: "If you had a little brother, what would you name him?"
Ellie: "Dog."
Jason: "If you had a little sister, what would you name her?"
Ellie: "Ellie."

Last Friday we went to Bojangles, a chicken fast-food restaurant they have out here (like KFC, but way better than KFC). We told Ellie we were going to a restaurant. She asked us, "The graham cracker restaurant?" We laughed, and told her sure, the graham cracker restaurant. Then as I was walking out of the house with her, she was telling me something about barbeque and said, "I eat barbeque all day long because it's yummy for me." Finally, when we were in the drive thru at the restaurant, the person inside handed Jason the food through the window and Jason said "Thank you." When he said that, Ellie yelled "Thank you restaurant man!"

Ellie, sitting on the couch with the ipad. To me, pointing at the floor: "Go down there and rest. Zelda wants to do this with me."

The girls have this little hard plastic golf bag thing, and one morning this week Ellie shoved a bunch of her animals in it and then told me she was "ready for school now."

One of the days this week Ellie kept saying she was "isgusting." Like digusting, but without the d. I don't know where she got that or what she thought it meant; she seemed to think it meant tired or something.

Ellie also kept talking about being grown up this week, in really funny ways. One night at dinner she was saying her food was "making her grown up bigger". Then she started walking around the kitchen with her chest/torso thrown as far out as it could go, saying "My grown up is so big!" She also asked me, "Are you growing up today, mommy?" and said something about her toes growing up. She was just really focused on growing up this week.

Yesterday, after lunch.
Ellie: "Mom, did you eat all your macaroni? Are you going to grow big? Are you growing now?"


What we did this week

Ellie with her arm around Zelda as they ate graham crackers together.

Pretty much just stayed at home! Jason had school every day, of course, and we went to church on Sunday, but other than that we were just homebodies. 

Zelda is getting really, really good at walking. She walks everywhere now. She's also doing other fun stuff - yesterday Ellie and I were pretending to eat some toy food, smacking our mouths to make pretend eating noises, and Zelda came over, picked up some toy food, and pretended to eat it too! She also has a couple favorites: She has a favorite book ("The Camera") that she always pulls off her and Ellie's bookshelf, and a favorite spot to sit in the office (wedged in between the cheetah chair and the wall, sitting on top of Daddy's backpack). Oh, and she's reached the point where she loves spinning all the toilet paper off of the roll. She also said "Yeah!" this week when we were all clapping our hands and saying "Yay!"

Another thing Zelda did this week - Zelda really likes Ellie's hair clips. She'll always try to pull them out of Ellie's hair, and if she gets one she'll crawl around with it in her mouth for a while. Well, a couple days ago she had a hair clip and I was sitting next to her. She kept leaning forward, putting the hair clip on top of my head in my hair, and then sitting back. After a moment she'd lunge forward, grab the hair clip, and then do it all over again.


Here's some pictures from our week:

Jason and I played Scrabble for our date night last week. We had some funny letter combinations, like this one below (we read a lot of Winnie the Pooh at our house, and this is clearly an alternate spelling of "Eeyore"):

Our house is decorated for faaaaallllllll!!!! Fall is my favorite, favorite season. It rained a lot this week, and as it rained I put up all our fall decorations. And we got some "Spiced Pumpkin Pie" wax for our scentsy, and it's been making our house smell so fall-y and cozy and wonderful.

This is the rain - a bit hard to see.
Ellie was spelling words with the letters below. This says, "Michael, Grandpa, Daddy, and Zelda." Zelda's name is actually pretty close - EDLZ.


 Zellllldaaaa:


We played with the turtle more this week! Jason spotted him crawling across our backyard, and Ellie and I went out and played with him. She loves this turtle. I hope we find more.


Ellie before church on Sunday:


Ellie and I played outside a lot this week. One day (the day below) I played with my camera the whole time while she explored everywhere. The next day involved Ellie turning on the hose all by herself and spraying me with it, and putting millipedes on my back and refusing to take them off and laughing and laughing.


Last night was sad for Ellie - she bit through her lip. She, Zelda, and I were in the playroom, and it was almost 5 o'clock (when Jason's class gets out). She was bouncing on this big yellow ball we have, and fell forward into these green plastic boxes. She started screaming and there was a lot of blood, and I was really worried at first that she'd knocked one of her teeth loose. I got her settled on the couch with a popsicle and texted Jason to come home as fast as he (safely) could. The bleeding stopped after the first minute or so, so that was good. Her lip swelled up pretty big, and she definitely bit it really good, but we think it'll be all right. We're keeping an eye on it, and it already looks a lot better today.

Other things from this week: I finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and am on the Deathly Hallows. I'm most of the way through it - I'm where they're right about to be taken to Malfoy Manor. I've also been working on some photo book stuff, when I have time to at night when the girls are sleeping and Jason is studying.

Oh! And I made a fitness goal last week to get 10,000 steps (as measured by my fitbit) every day. I've done it every day this week! I've gone on a lot of walks outside with Ellie (mostly pulling her in the wagon, sometimes walking verrrry slowly along beside her as she pulls the wagon) and have walked a lot of circles around the inside of our house. I can feel my leg muscles getting stronger already! Woohoo!

And that was our week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.