Friday, June 20, 2014

Captain's Log, Week 217


What Ellie said this week

Ellie was running and tripped and crashed, and I asked her, "Oh no, are you okay?" and cheerfully she replied, "No, I'm not." She did that a couple times this week.

Another thing she did a couple times this week is yell "To infidimy [sic], and beyond!" and then run straight into the front door and fall down.

One night she walked up to me while I was eating my dinner of salmon. Ellie: "I need some fish in my mouth." And then she opened her mouth wide until I put a piece of fish in.

Ellie: "I need to give her a little hug." - runs up and gives Zelda a hug and a kiss


What we did this week

The biggest news this week is - we bought a house! We closed on the house that we put on offer on about a month and a half ago. :D We are so happy and excited and relieved that the whole buying process is over and we now officially have a place of our own to live when we move to North Carolina in two weeks.

So, this week has been pretty busy considering we're getting so close to moving. Saturday for me was all about finishing scanning my grandparents' slides and pictures, so that I could give them to them on Sunday.
All those white boxes on the table are carousels of slides. I scanned eleven carousels. And lots of boxes and bags of printed pictures. All told, it was about 8,000 images.

Sunday was Father's Day! And I just have to say, Jason is the best dad in the world. I am so lucky to have him as my husband as the father to our girls. He is so wonderful and loving and hardworking. He is so good, through and through.


When Jason woke up Sunday afternoon (he worked the night before), we headed over to his parents' house for a bit to see his dad, and then we went to my grandparents' house in Seal Beach. All of my aunts and uncles and cousins came over for Father's Day, and it was great to get to hang out with them.

Zelda and my cousin's son Chase - he's so big! This is the first time we've seen him for a whole year!
Ellie was totally talking to and socializing with my cousins' girls, who are a couple years older. It was really cute, and they were great with her.
These two are funny to watch together. :)
This is the newest member of the family - Emma! She is only a month old, and so cute.

The next day, on Monday, we went over to Jason's grandparents' house and had lunch with them and swam with them in their (heated - woohoo!) pool. It was so good to spend time with them.

Hahahaha

Other than Father's Day and our visit with Jason's grandparents, this week has been all about moving. We've been doing more errands/appointments, sorting things to keep and to garage sale, packing up boxes, doing the last-minute things needed for the house to close, and on and on and on. We did tons of laundry this week, because we washed all of the baby clothes that had been in storage, and then we sorted them into keep/garage sale, the girls can wear it now/they'll fit into it later.

So, my anxiety (if you remember, a long time ago I talked about how I have anxiety problems sometimes) has been really under control for a long time. Like, I've been totally fine, very little anxiety, for a very long time. But man - it has really come out this week. Majorly. Just major anxiety. Some periods of some days have just been gut-wrenching anxiety. And the signs of my anxiety have popped up again - I have un-listened-to voicemails and unanswered emails (those two things are always the first signs). Now that the house closed I feel a lot better - I guess that was a big part of what was worrying me (sometimes it's hard to pinpoint the cause until it's passed). But still, I'll be glad when we've reached North Carolina, and our moving truck has reached North Carolina. Then all my current major worries will be over.

Our brownies in a cup. They were all right. Each mug was a different recipe, but they were both kind of shrug-able. We probably won't make them again.

One thing that unexpectedly helped with my anxiety one night this week (strangely enough) was watching World War Z with Jason. We made brownies-in-a-cup before the movie, and then he sat on the couch and watched it while I half watched it and photoshopped pictures at the same time (so I could just photoshop during the scariest attack-y bits). For some reason I felt a lot better after watching it. I guess it was somehow cathartic, lol. :)
 
So that was our week. This next week is going to be crazy as we fit lots of last minute stuff in. Somehow we'll get it all done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.