Friday, January 24, 2014

Captain's Log, Week 196



Things Ellie said this week

Ellie holding up a big lump of red playdough: "It's Santa-mommy." (There was also an "Elephant-Santa.")

Ellie while sitting on the couch: "One second, one second! I got ice cream and cake and games. It would be so fun! My birthday party."

Ellie, to me: "Sweetheart! I need some food. I'm hungry."

This one's just a general one: Ellie gets pronouns mixed up. She calls most people "he," but uses "her" correctly a lot of the time, and also says "she" correctly some of the time. Most of the time when she's referring to Zelda (and not using just her name), Ellie calls Zelda "he."


Things we did this week

Obviously the big news for us this week is that Jason has been accepted to PA school. We are so happy about this, we can't even tell you. Campbell is a great school and now, in just a couple years, Jason will be able to be doing his dream job. (Well, other than being a pastry chef. That's his other dream job.) Ever since we found out this week that we'll be moving to North Carolina this summer, it's pretty much all we've been talking about and thinking about over here.

Other things we did this week: My stepsister MaCall had her baby shower last Saturday. She's due the first week of March with a baby boy. :) It was a fun shower; my grandma and all my aunts and lots of my cousins were there, and also MaCall's husband's mom and sisters (who are super nice), and my stepmom Debbie's mom and sister Tamela. So, a really great group of people!

Here's MaCall herself:


And my Grandma, who was cracking me up as we played the baby shower games:


And my lovely cousin Shelley, who is also pregnant and due in May:


Also last weekend we had a big regional stake conference. (In our church, a "stake" is a group of "wards," which are individual congregations. Twice a year we have "stake conference," which is a big meeting with all the wards in your stake. Every two years we have a regional stake conference, which is a conference of all the stakes in a certain area, like southern California. These regional stake conferences are filmed in one place and broadcast live to all the buildings in the region, so we can just go to our own building for the conference and watch it there instead of all meeting in some huge place.) Each stake had their own regular Saturday night meeting, and then the broadcast was on Sunday. And I actually gave a talk at the Saturday night meeting of our home stake (that we just moved out of a couple months ago). It was actually pretty fun. It was a fun topic (using social media and blogs to talk about the gospel) and it was my home stake and a bunch of people I knew, so it wasn't really stressful.

On Sunday the next day we had the regional broadcast (which was great - Mervyn somebody of the Seventy, Sister Linda K. Burton {who's the general Relief Society President), Elder Anderson, and President Eyring all spoke). Afterwards, we drove to my grandparent's house in Seal Beach and had lunch with all my aunts and uncles and cousins. From there we drove to Jason's parent's house and had dinner with his family. It was a fun day. :)

On Monday Jason's mom watched our girls at dinner time so Jason and I could go out to eat for our date night; we ate at El Torito and then brought the girls home and watched a movie.

Tuesday morning is when we got the call that Jason had been accepted into Campbell University's PA program. It's funny; they called at 6:30 in the morning. I think they must not have realized that we live in California and so are three hours behind them, or they had forgotten. We didn't mind being woken up though; it was such good news!

Since Tuesday when we found out that we need to be in North Carolina by August at the latest, we've been looking into how we're going to move and where we're going to live. There's a lot of stuff to do, and a lot of things to take into consideration. We'll figure it all out, but it'll take some work.

And finally, this video's from yesterday. I think pretty much everything in it is funny:



Books read this week: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan and The House of Hades by Rick Riordan (Both were really good - I can't wait for the fifth book to come out in October! I wish book series were always published in their entirety so that we never had to wait. :)

1 comment:

  1. Have you been commenting so much on my blog so that I will comment on your blog? :) Here goes! Ellie is the cutest. I want someone to identify playdough lumps for me! Also, I am so happy for you and Jason! I can't wait until you both move out here so we can visit you!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.