Friday, January 17, 2014

Captain's Log, Week 195



What Ellie said this week

At night, while we were all in the car driving home from the grocery store: "Should weee...go to Disneyland?"

Ellie to me, one day when we were at home: "C'mon! Let's go see the goats, and giraffes, and elephants, and monkeys, and all of them! The goats...and howls (owls)...and elephants...come on!"

Ellie pushing my hand away as I was trying to help her turn the pages of a photo album: "Stop. I give you a fruit snack."

Ellie carrying a pile of clothes to me in her room, and then handing me an individual shirt: "Here's some more clothes. And here's another clo."  A couple minutes later, tugging a blanket out from under Zelda: "No, not that clo. Not that clo."

Ellie while holding out her arms to me and wanting me to pick her up: "Honey. Honey. Honey. Honey beans." (I call her "honey" and "honey beans" a lot.)

Hugging Zelda: "I love my sister." And some other times, "I love you Zelda."

Ellie, when there was a helicopter outside: "Mommy, I hear a hawkter over there by the window."

Ellie, lying on her bed and closing her eyes: "Goodnight. Sleep dreams."

Ellie, lying on her bed and covering her eyes with her hands: "Where'd Ellie go?"
Me, a foot away and staring straight at her: "I don't know, where did Ellie go?"
Ellie, still covering her eyes: "I'm here. I'm here. I'm hiding."

What we did this week

Our week this week was even more laid-back than normal. I can honestly think of almost nothing we did other than hanging out at home. But here's a couple things we did do:

My stepdad Stefan came to see us last Saturday! We haven't seen him in ages and ages (I can't even think of the last time we got to see him). It was so great to hang out with him! Ellie read him a lot of her books, and he got to hold Zelda for the first time. 

This first picture's kind of blurry, but it's my favorite:


Ellie decorated the fridge all by herself one day this week. She used every single magnet we have:


And here Zelda is sleeping peacefully:


In the pictures below, Ellie is wearing "strawberry pants." A couple weeks ago she asked for "strawberry pants," which she doesn't have. But Zelda does have a onesie covered in strawberries. Well, Ellie has watched the home video of her asking for strawberry pants several times, and that's only made her want strawberry pants more. So a couple nights ago she found Zelda's strawberry onesie and got really excited, and I helped her put them on her legs, with the arms sticking off the back. She wore them around until bedtime.


And a night or so ago Ellie was playing with my phone, and I showed her that it has a front-facing camera. She kept pressing the button to take pictures of herself, so now I have like thirty pictures in a row of Ellie on my phone.



And to wind it all up, here's a video of Zelda laughing. She has hiccups, too. :)



And that was our week!

Books (re)read this week: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.