Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Easy Canvas Prints" Canvas Review

*Disclosure: I was given a free 8x10 canvas print by Easy Canvas Prints to do this review.

So, I've been thinking about canvas prints for a long time. I've seen them in friends' and family's houses, and I really like them I think they're a really cool way to display family pictures. I haven't ordered any before, though, because they tend to be expensive and there are so many companies to choose from that I haven't been sure where to start.

My sister-in-law Shelley posted about Easy Canvas Prints a while ago. I was also able to talk to Easy Canvas Prints (you can find their website at www.easycanvasprints.com) and get a canvas to review. I was very excited when I ordered it a couple weeks ago; my first canvas! The turnaround time was really great (very fast production time and shipping) and it arrived just a couple days later. Here it is:


Here's a close-up shot of the print quality:


And the sides:


I wish I had some other canvases to compare this to so that I could give you a more thorough review. I do like the canvas, for sure. It's a very cool medium and I like the way the image wraps around the sides. It's a cool display piece and doesn't need any kind of frame to stand out.

It's different from photo paper prints, though, in saturation and shading (especially noticeable around the faces when looking at it from certain angles). And I don't know if that's just how canvas prints are (the way that light reflects upon the ink on the canvas), or if that's how something about this certain company. Again, I wish I was more experienced with canvas prints so I could tell you.

My favorite photo book resource, Photo Book Girl, has started to review canvas prints as well. Here's her canvas reviews page (she hasn't reviewed many yet, but she does list many companies that do canvas prints): Canvas Print Reviews. And here's her canvas print deals page: Canvas Print Deals.

So again, if you'd like to check out Easy Canvas Prints, their website is www.easycanvasprints.com. They also have some affiliate companies that do custom printing, www.buildasign.com and www.alliedshirts.com.

Have you ever made a Canvas Print? What company did you use? Did you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.