Friday, December 20, 2013

Captain's Log, Week 191

Hi everyone! Time for this week's Captain Log. I'm excited for how close it is to Christmas! Jason's sister's family flew in from Texas this morning, and we can't wait to go over to his parent's house and see them. In the meantime, here's what we've been up to this week!

What Ellie said this week

On Sunday I was standing in the kitchen. Zelda was lying on a blanket on the floor in the family room, and I could see her over the counter from where I was standing. Ellie went over to where Zelda was lying and began nudging her around with her foot. "Ellie, are you kicking Zelda?" I asked sternly. Ellie looked up at me and with a big smile on her face said, "Yeah, I kicking her!"

Today (this morning, actually) Jason's sister Tiffany and her family flew in from Texas. Ellie and I had this conversation yesterday about everyone who was coming (Her cousin Emily, a.k.a. "Emmy," and her parents Michael and Shelley live down here in California):
Me: "We're going to see all your cousins tomorrow! We're going to see Aubrey..."
Ellie: "And Emmy!"
Me: "And Mikayla..."
Ellie: "And Emmy!"
Me: "And Skylar..."
Ellie: "And Emmy!"
Me: "And Emmy..."
Ellie: "And...Shewwey!"
Me: "And Brynn..."
Ellie: "And Shewwey!"
Me: "And Shelley..."
Ellie: "And Michael!"
Me: "And Michael..."
Ellie: "And...Jexi!"
Me: "And Aubrey..."
Ellie: "And...Aubrey!"
And then she finally went on to repeat Aubrey, Mikayla, Skylar, and Brynn's names.

And yesterday:
Me, rubbing my collarbone: "Ow. Ellie, mommy hurts right here."
*Ellie leans forward and kisses my collarbone.*
Me: "Did you kiss me and make me all better?"
Ellie: "Yes, I kiss you and make you all better."

Oh, also, there was definitely a time this week that Ellie referred to Zelda as "your sister."


What we all did this week

Ellie turned two years old on Saturday. We had a little family birthday party over at Jason's parent's house, with pizza and cake. Ellie had fun. When we all sang her the happy birthday song, she sang it too (it's one of her favorite songs). She liked her jungle cake; after we handed out pieces of cake to everybody, she and her cousin Emily mostly just played with the little plastic animals that had come on top of the cake. Ellie kept taking this one animal (a white mountain goat thing), dipping its feet into her piece of cake's frosting, and sucking it off.


Singing the happy birthday song with everybody:


Blowing out her candles (with help from Daddy):


And eating the frosting off the plastic animals' feet:


Here are some pictures of Zelda the next day, on Sunday:


On Monday night we had the annual Smith family Christmas party. It was at my dad's house, and all my aunts and uncles and cousins came over and we had a good time. We had dinner:


And had the white elephant gift exchange (in which there were no less than three copies {including one we contributed} of the calendar "Men with Cats"): 


And did the acting out of the nativity (This was the first year I've been in it for several years; I've been old enough to opt out for a long time, but this year we were low on numbers and also Ellie needed my help to get through it. So I was a wise man, and Ellie was an angel.):


On Wednesday I was in our kitchen, cleaning, when I looked over the counter into the family room where Ellie and Zelda were and I saw this:


Zelda actually didn't seem to mind at all, so I didn't intervene. Later that day both the girls ended up on the cuddle couch:

Yes, Zelda is wearing one of Ellie's onesies as a pair of pants. Ellie insisted.
This is Ellie "hugging" Zelda. She also gave her a kiss and told her, "I love you, Zelda."

On Wednesday we also made and decorated Christmas cookies. I used this recipe (just the cookies, not the frosting) and they turned out great! Were easy to make, cut out, and bake, and tasted really good. Decorating the cookies was fun, but a challenge - Ellie frosted a couple, then decided that she really just wanted to eat all the sprinkles. 


And lastly, Ellie watercolored more this week. Sometimes on the paper, and sometimes on herself. Here she is yesterday morning:


Oh, Ellie. :)

And as a very last thing, here are some videos for the grandparents:


2 comments:

  1. :) so cute! Bradley enjoyed watching those videos. Zelda is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I love her. And Emmy! And shewwy! And Michael!! So funny. Em is like that with Ellie too :).

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.