Friday, November 22, 2013

Captain's Log, Week 187

Hi everyone! Time for me to try to remember everything we've done this week. :) Mostly we've been hanging out at home, taking care of Zelda and playing with Ellie.

We took some family pictures at the park last Friday with Jason's grandma. This is our favorite one:


What have we been up to this week? Good question. Jason and I bought new pillows at Target. I'm sure that's suuuper exciting to read about. (It is pretty darn exciting for us. We've had the same pillows since we got married, and they went all flat a long time ago. It's been great having big, new, cushy pillows. I've fallen asleep a lot faster the last couple days.)

We cut one of our old pillows in half, I sewed it up and sewed it a cover using one of my old t-shirts, and now Ellie has a pillow too:


One funny thing Ellie has been doing this week is downloading tons of apps on the ipad her grandpa gave her. She isn't even that interested in the new apps, it's the downloading them that's the fun part. And after Jason puts in the password for the app to download, she'll sit there with the ipad watching the little blue bar fill up (to show the app is downloading) and say, "Wait for it, wait for it...turning blue...It's a BIT CLOSER, DADDY!" and she'll do that over and over with different apps. It cracks me up. We've put a time limit on the ipad, though, because she's started playing with it too much, so now she can only play with it for a certain time each day.

Speaking of playing games, Jason and I have been playing Lego Indiana Jones 2 on the playstation the last couple weeks. We love the Lego video games. They are so fun, and so funny. Anyway, that's the one we're on right now; we borrowed it from Tyler and Sarah.

Jason was waiting for the weather to warm up all week so that he could take Ellie to the pool in our apartment complex. It never did get really warm, though, so the day before yesterday he took her to the jacuzzi in our apartment complex. She had a ton of fun. I came too, and sat on the edge with Zelda strapped to me in her moby wrap (which I love. I didn't have it with Ellie, but it's awesome and anywhere we go out I carry Zelda in it). Ellie ran around and around the jacuzzi on the circular step, and Jason helped her "swim" and do all sorts of stuff. It was really fun.

Afterwards we came back the apartment and Ellie had a chocolate pudding. Ellie looked like some kind of pirate with her chocolate beard, so we took a couple pictures:


Yesterday morning Zelda was lying down on a blanket in the middle of the family room, and Ellie ran over and laid down next to her. And it was cute, and I was like, "Aw," and then Ellie started yelling, "Mommy's camera, where are yooouuuuuu?" And Jason and I started laughing, because. Because.

Just look at these cuties!

Here are some more pictures of Zelda right then:


Also yesterday I made a ton of paper snowflakes. I know Thanksgiving is still a a week away, but I've just been itching to start decorating for Christmas and yesterday I finally gave in.


I took down all of our fall decorations and put up paper snowflakes in their place.

I'm pretty sure our Christmas decorations are in storage and we won't be able to get them for the holiday. I still definitely want to decorate, though, but I don't want to spend any money buying decorations. So, I have a goal: to completely decorate our apartment, but without spending anything. I'll let you know how it goes. Paper snowflakes were the obvious starting point, because they're big and pretty and all you need is paper and scissors. I think the next thing I'll try is maybe Christmas printables from pinterest. And I'm going to cut out shapes like Christmas trees and ornaments and have Ellie color them, and then put those up. Basically, I'm planning on a lot of different kinds of paper decorations.

Also yesterday, Jason made Kalua pork in the crockpot. Mmmm. It was delicious. Tyler and Sarah and my dad and Debbie came over for dinner, and it was really fun. Ellie got super excited and hyper when they got here, and was running all around the apartment. Then she had my dad read her like thirty of her books.

Aaaaand that's all I can think of for this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.