Friday, October 25, 2013

Captain's Log, Week 183

Good morning! Time for this week's Captain Log!


Alyse, Banks, and me, July 1991

  • The big news this week is that I FINISHED MY CHILDHOOD PHOTO ALBUM! Guys, I have been working on this forever! It is the biggest project I have ever undertaken in my entire life - no exaggeration. AND I FINISHED! It definitely deserves its own post, and it will get one, though probably not for a while (what with the baby coming and the fact that it's a Christmas present for certain persons). Woo-HOO!
  • Less than two weeks until the baby's due date! Jason and I both think she's going to come early. Ellie was four days early, and this baby was measuring a couple days ahead at the last ultrasound, and the doctor says I could go at pretty much any time. We've made guesses on when she'll actually come - Jason says October 30th, and I say November 1st. My dad guessed November 2nd. You're free to add your own guess, if you'd like. :) (Her due date is November 5th, to give you a reference point.)
  • Going back to the childhood photo album for a second, this last week I totally felt like I was in a race against time to finish the book before the baby got here. Finishing a photo book might not seem like a big deal, but keep in mind that I've been working on this one consistently since May 2012, it was 240 pages long, and contained 2,814 pictures. AND I FINISHED! (Lol, I know I sound like a crazy person, but I just completed the biggest, longest project of my life. So you'll have to excuse me.)
  • Okay, this is big news: Ellie drew her first "on purpose" object. Like, instead of random squibbles or trying to do shapes, she drew something and then told me what it was. Here's how it happened: yesterday afternoon she requisitioned my notebook and pencil and was flipping through the pages, coloring. On the page below, she drew the oval object and then scribbled over it. Then she looked up at me, pointed at it, and said, "I make speedbow." It took me a second to figure out what she was saying, but then I remembered she had just been watching a Team Umizoomi episode about boats, and it clicked. "You made a speedboat?" I asked her. "A speedbow." She confirmed. Then she drew the long squiggle underneath it. "Is that the water?" I asked. She thought about it for a second, and then nodded. So, ladies and gentleman, I present to you Ellie's speedboat!


  • Another quote from Ellie this week, while playing with her little Noah's Ark and Lion King animals. She was feeding each of them "juice" from this little plastic feedsack, and it was Nala's turn. "Nala like juice. Hey, how you doin', Nala? Num num num."
  • We cleaned up our balcony (it was really dusty/dirty) and so Ellie's been playing out there more this week. She loves it.
  • My friends Shaun and Lanette adopted their second little baby! Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! You can see their post on their new little boy here: "Our Perfect Boy." We are so happy and excited for them!

And that's what we've been up to this week!

2 comments:

  1. YAY FOR FINISHING YOUR BOOK!!! I can appreciate the excitement you must be feeling! Good job! And that is sooo cool that Ellie drew a speedboat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your due date is just one day after our sons due date was! I am so excited for you! I cannot wait for her to get here!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.