- It was my birthday on Monday! I am now twenty-five years old. It was a fun day; Ellie and I played for most of the day, and then Jason and I went to Marie Callender's for dinner (and I got a slice of Razzleberry pie with my plate. Yum!). Also, my dad and stepmom took me out to The Cheesecake Factory on the Saturday a couple days before for dinner. It was really fun and delicious. And this Sunday we're having a combined birthday dinner for me and my brother-in-law Tyler at Jason's parents house. So, lots and lots of good food this week. :)
- Things are going better in pregnancy-land. The antibiotics finally killed my kidney infection. No preterm labor, woohoo! Plus, we had that ultrasound on Wednesday to see if the baby was measuring small, and she's not! The doctor who did the ultrasound said that she was actually measuring a couple days ahead. She said the reason I'm measuring small on the outside is probably just because I'm a couple inches taller than average, so my torso is a little bit longer and the baby is tucked inside more. (Which my ribs can testify to, by the way. Especially my bottom left two ribs.) So that's awesome.
- I am getting so close to finishing my "Childhood Photo Album." I think I've mentioned it a few times here on the blog before, but basically it's the biggest project I have ever done in my entire life. No kidding. Not exaggerating. And I am almost done. I am absolutely determined to get it done before the baby's born; I hope to finish it this weekend.
- Ellie wore her first ponytail this week. Jason put it in, and Ellie kept touching it and alternatively calling it her ponytail and her "haircut."
- My sister-in-law Sarah had a baby shower last weekend! It was very cute and fun; I'll be posting pictures of it tomorrow.
- We got to hang out with some of our friends on Tuesday. Two of our friends who are usually up in Idaho for school were down here, so we had them and some of our other friends over to play games and eat a cake Jason made. It was fun. I'm excited to have our own apartment so we can do that more.
- We (me and Ellie) talked to my sister Alyse on the phone a couple times this week. Ellie, sometime this week or last week, began calling Alyse's baby Ezra "Baby Reza." And sometimes, when Ellie's talking about "Baby Reza" to me, she'll go something like, "Baby Reza happy...Reza...Raisin...Raisins!" and then want to eat raisins.
- Ellie has been singing "Hakuna Matata" this week. Alllllllll week. She likes to sing it during play time, at bed time, in the car - pretty much wherever we are and whatever we're doing, Ellie will be up for singing Hakuna Matata. (In fact, I can hear her singing it right now. She's supposed to be falling asleep for her nap, but I can hear her in there singing Hakuna Matata.) Here are a couple beautiful toddler renditions of the classic masterpiece (I especially love how Ellie says "problem-free" the second time she sings the song in the first video):
- Last night when we were getting dinner ready, Ellie went into our little hall/middle of our apartment thing, and was quietly entertaining herself somehow for a couple minutes. Then she closed the door that separates that space from our kitchen/front room, and started knocking for us to come open the door for her. When I opened it and saw her, I started laughing - I couldn't help it. This is what Ellie had been up to:
And that was our week!