Friday, October 4, 2013

Captain's Log, Week 180

Oh boy, this has been a busy week. We moved to our new apartment on Monday, and have been unpacking and unpacking and unpacking and getting all the things in their right places ever since then. It is such a process! And I am so ready just to be all moved in. Unpacking and sorting and moving things and putting things away all day, every day is exhausting. But we're getting there! And once we're all done (hopefully in the next couple days) I'll take some pictures to share with you guys.

We don't have internet at our apartment yet; I'm currently writing this from my in-law's house where I'm doing laundry. Our apartment complex supposedly has free internet, but when I took my computer over to the clubhouse, it could see the wifi network and said it was hooked up to it with full bars, but wouldn't actually load any pages. So I don't know what the deal is there.  Hopefully we figure out our internet soon.

Ellie is still on a Lion King kick. Today when she woke up, the first thing she said (other than "Daddy! Mommy!") was "Mufasa? Mufasa? Sard? Mufasa?" She was saying it so cute; I don't know how to describe it, but her "Mufasa"s were the cutest "Mufasa"s I've ever heard. (She's speaking in more full sentences now, by the way. Like today at the end of her bath, she told me, "I want to get out." There have been more sentences and instances like that, but that's the one I can think of off the top of my head.)(Also, she's very specific with her requests of which dishes she wants to eat/drink food in. She'll tell us "red cup" or "green bowl" or whichever one she wants at the time.)


And this weekend is General Conference!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!! I love general conference. I love hearing all the talks, and seeing all of the apostles and the first presidency, and the music, and getting to watch it in my pjs, and everything about it. To our friends of other faiths: General Conference is a big, twice-yearly meeting that our whole church has, where we get to listen to the church leadership speak. People go to it in person, or you can watch it at our church meetinghouses, or on TV, or on the internet. The first session was last Saturday, to the women's organization, and you can check out what was said here. Tomorrow on Saturday there will be three more sessions: One at 9 am (Pacific Daylight Time), one at 1 pm (PDT), and one for the men's organization at 5 pm (PDT). On Sunday there will be the two final sessions of this conference, one at 9 am (PDT) and one at 1 pm (PDT). You can watch any of these sessions live, here: October 2013 General Conference. If you were to choose just one to watch, I would recommend the Sunday morning session. That's the one the president of the church always speaks at. :)

And that's this week's Captain's Log!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.