Saturday, September 21, 2013

Weekly Roundup

Hola! I know it's already late Friday night, but I wanted to get this weekly roundup post done before the end of the day. (Also, I can't decide what to do with the titles of these posts. This will be the third week in a row with a post titled "Weekly Roundup." Should I just continue to do that? Call the Friday posts "Weekly Roundup?" Or should they all have their own names? Or should I think of some clever, alliterative title like...well, something clever and alliterative I can use every week?)


This week in our lives:

  • My sister Alyse started a blog! It's called The Coleman Crew and you can find it at http://alyseandtanner.blogspot.com/. It's got some really cute pictures of her brand-new baby Ezra. 
  • Last week, Ellie was being especially cute one day when we were playing together. I was sitting cross-legged on the floor, and she kept running up to me, standing on my legs, and putting her face right in my face so that I could kiss her all over. And she said "Wuv Mommy" one time when she did it. Then a little while later, I was sitting on the couch and she was leaning back on my legs, and she leaned back and pointed at me and with the cutest smile said, "Name's Jocin." It was just so cute I can't even describe it.
  • I got my flu shot! I was picking up my anti-nausea medicine from Rite Aid last week, and the pharamacists (who are the same two ladies every time I go, and they know my name and are so nice and I love them), mentioned that my insurance covered the flu shot. But they wanted me to check with my OB before I got it. So I asked him at my appointment on Monday, and he was cool with it, so I went over to Rite Aid afterwards and got it. 
  • Ellie has a cough right now. It's not too bad; she doesn't cough very often, but when she does you can kind of hear the mucous and she says "Ew, gross!" 
  • We had the missionaries over for dinner on Wednesday. (There are five in our ward right now. Can you believe that? Five!) Jason and I bought a party-sized frozen lasagna a while ago (because it was on sale and the same price as the much-smaller "family size one," and we couldn't pass it up), and since we're moving in a couple weeks we've been trying to eat all of our random foods. And we were like, "What should we do with this giant lasagna?" And then we thought, "Feed it to the missionaries!" So we signed up to have them this Wednesday, and they came over and we all had lasagna and french bread and salad, and it was super fun. :)
  • We washed the car one morning this week. Ellie helped. :)


  • Ellie's been playing a lot with the wood blocks this week. She keeps doing things like this:

    • Jason says she's stacked them at least 8 blocks high by herself before.

    • We got a new couch! In preparation for moving in two weeks, we went out to our storage place this week (my dad owns a storage company out in Long Beach, and lets us use a space). We got empty boxes and did some sorting, and also found...mouse poop. On our couch. So, it's likely a big mouse nest on the inside, and maybe has hantavirus. So, we decided to scrap it. (Even though we really like our couch! Sad.) We got our last couch for free on Freecycle a couple years ago, and by checking out Craigslist this week, we found another free couch! Jason and our friend Evan picked it up on Wednesday, and it's great. It's in really good condition, and even has recliner seats. It did have kind of a perfumey-smell to it, so I covered it in baking soda yesterday, let it sit for a couple hours, then vacuumed all the baking soda up. I also cleaned the entire thing twice (once yesterday and once today) with Jason's mom's "Spot bot." It's super clean now.
    • My nephew Max (who's far, far away in Thailand but we get to see lots of pictures of him) was adorable, like always: 


    • My dad's birthday was yesterday! He turned...well, he probably wouldn't want me telling you the number. But he turned a very nice age. :)
    • I feel like there was something else I was going to tell you. But I can't remember. (That describes like half my life.)

    I hope you had a great week!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.