Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Recap: Our Anniversary

Back in April, Jason and I were able to go to Disneyland and California Adventure for our anniversary. My dad was able to get us a reservation at Club 33, which gets you into the park for free (as long as you pay for your meal at the restaurant.) It was so fun!

We went on some rides that we've never been on before. One of them was Toy Story Mania, which opened a couple years ago on the pier at California Adventure. It was a really fun ride. You had these boppy wand things, and you played different games throughout the ride, and I know I'm not really explaining it clearly but it was great.

Isn't he cute?

We went on lots of rides:


And tried on different crowns & hats:

This shop had lots of really pretty glass tiaras. This is the one I would have chosen if I were a queen.
But this seems more of what you'd find me in normally.

And we had our special meal at Club 33! It was awesome. By far the nicest restaurant I've ever been to, and probably one of the nicest restaurants I'll ever go to. We ordered our entrees and then were able to get as much food as we wanted from the salad/appetizer bar. They had all these little gourmet appetizers, and as much shrimp, crab, and lobster as you wanted to eat. (I don't even like lobster. But the fact that it was freely available! Wow. I did have a ton of shrimp and crab, though. Mmmm.) Then we had our entrees (Jason had all these different pastas, and I got salmon), which were both delicious. And finally, we had desert. They had a deluxe dessert bar with all these fancy little desserts, and you could have whatever (and as much) as you wanted. And they were gooood. (I may or may not have saved a couple of the glittery sugar cookies in my purse to eat later in the day.)


And then, since it was our anniversary, they brought us this special plate with two chocolate "mouses" (mousses). They were yummy, and it was really sweet of them.


Here's the view from the restaurant. It overlooks New Orleans Square:


And finally, because this is one of my favorite things about Club 33, here's what the toilets look like:


It was a really fun day!

4 comments:

  1. What a very special treat. And such fun too. What a lovely Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN!!! and so jealous! I am dying to go back to disney with tommy. :) That is super awesome about the meal and the toilet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad can get tickets to Club 33?! OMG! I am so jealous! I have been dying to go there for half my life! Wow, super jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! And I'm dying over tha toilet. WOW!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.