Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's a...

Girl!!!!

We are going to have two little girls running around!

We found out yesterday at my mid-pregnancy ultrasound. This baby is a wiggler (I'm already feeling her move - with some pretty big kicks! - three weeks earlier than I felt Ellie in my last pregnancy), and it was fun to see her moving all around all over the ultrasound screen. We got to see her hands and fingers and her little kicky legs. :)

And it's time for an update with my hyperemesis gravidarum: I'm now almost 19 weeks (over four months pregnant, almost halfway), and I'm finally beginning to feel better. The last two weeks have been awesome. So much less nausea than before, and I've only thrown up once. I'm still on two zofran a day (one less than a couple weeks ago! woot!), and it's finally really getting things under control. I feel pretty good like 95% of the time. (Except my eosinophilic esophagitis has really been acting up lately, but that's a whole 'nother story). So yay! Hopefully the second half of the pregnancy will be much better than the first half. I'm sure I'll be on the zofran the whole time, but I don't mind that one bit. Hurray for modern medicine!

And finally, a belly pic. (I always think these are so awkward to take. That's why I only have two from Ellie's whole pregnancy). Me at 18 weeks:

 
 (On the left: me sucking in. On the right: Not sucking in.)

And that's everything about our new baby at the moment! We are so excited to have another little girl.

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! congrats!!! :) :) so excited! And Im super happy that your nausea is starting to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I an so excited for you! And glad you are starting to feel better. Baby girls are the best, but you already know that :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayay! what a blessing :)

    jocelyn, just an fyi..when i watched the last episode of the office, i had some serious heartbreak. i was thinking about how we would all discuss the office after it aired in the library, lol :p oh high school was so much fun. miss you! and can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Now Bradley has two chances! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I love the sucking in picture. So glad Ellie will get a sister. Having 2 girls is the BeSt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIPEE! So excited for you all! So happy that you are feeling better. Congratulations! Such exciting, wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't help squealing and jumping up and down when I found out it's a girl. And you are so tiny!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.