Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ellie can fly!

Hi everyone! First of all, I want to thank you for all your supportive comments. I really appreciate them and I'm glad I have friends like you.

Secondly, I'm going to try to catch up with what we've been up to the last couple months. This is the first "catch-up post." :) So, on to the good stuff!

Back in the beginning of March, Ellie and I went to the little Orange County Zoo with my dad and my stepmom Debbie. Ellie had such a great time! Her favorite two parts were definitely the petting zoo and the bird wall. In the petting zoo (which consisted of a bunch of goats), Ellie kept following all the goats around really closely, kneeling down, and saying "Ga-a-a" (the goat noise, sounds like "Baa" but with a "G") right in their faces. It was so funny. I know I've asked her, "What do goats say? 'Ga-a-a!'" before when looking at animal picture books with her, but I didn't realize she actually knew the noise and connected it to the right animal! It was a surprise.

The "bird wall" was just this wall along one of the walkways with wooden silhouettes of birds, showing how large their wingspans are. The first time we walked by the wall, my dad held Ellie up to the birds and said "Lift your wings Ellie! Show us your wings! Fly fly fly!" and bounced her up and down like she was flying. She loved it. She wanted him to hold her against all the different birds (there were like five or six).

We did another loop around the zoo (it's a pretty small circle), and when we were getting close to the bird wall again, Ellie saw it and went crazy. She started pointing at it and leaning and trying to make us go over there again. We did, and my dad held her up to all the birds again (twice!). She had so much fun.

Ellie "flying"
And that was the Orange County Zoo!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing Uncle Steve as a Grandpa. So, so endearing. :)
    Also, going to the OC Zoo is on our summer to do list, so I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.