Thursday, February 28, 2013

How did I do with my resolutions in February?


Eh, not so good.

I think I was overambitious this month. Jumping into a huge exercise and nutrition change was bound to be really hard, and it was. I didn't have a single "perfect" day this month where I kept every one of my resolutions.

But while I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to do (didn't even come close), I still did make some progress. Did I eat three servings of fruit every day? No, but I ate a lot more fruit than I did before. Did I eat three servings of vegetables every day? No, but I definitely increased my veggie intake. Did I exercise thirty minutes a day, five days a week? No, but I did increase my physical activity.

Some resolutions I just didn't even come close to keeping. Limiting candy to one piece a week? That didn't happen. I don't even think I was able to limit candy to one piece a day a lot of the time (darn that Trader Joe's strawberry licorice!). But I guess I did restrain myself a little more than usual with candy, so that's something.

As I explained at the beginning of my happiness project, every month I add new resolutions and continue to keep the resolutions from the previous months. That means next month I will be continuing to work on these exercise and nutrition goals. Because of what I've learned this month, I'm going to modify them though. Like I said, I think I was overambitious, and I think I need to bring them down to more realistic levels. So, my health resolutions from here on out will be:

  • Exercise 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week
  • Eat at least 2 servings of fruit a day
  • Eat at least 2 servings of vegetables a day
  • Limit candy intake to 1 piece a day
  • Limit cookie intake to 1 a day
  • Wear sunscreen on my face every day
  • Go to sleep earlier

I think that I'll be more able to keep these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.