Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Failing at my February Resolutions

Guys, I have a confession to make: I've been doing terribly at my February Resolutions so far. I think what threw me off was that it took me nearly a week to actually print them off of the computer, and so I didn't review them every night. That lack of accountability translated into a lack of action.

Plus, it's just hard. Eating more fruits and vegetables hasn't been too difficult, but cutting back on my sugar? Exercising? Hard. On page xii (in the introduction) of Happier at Home, Gretchen Rubin says, "Why, I often wonder, is it difficult to push myself to do the things that bring happiness? So often, I know what resolutions would make me happier, but I still have to prod myself to do them."

So, so true. This applies to every resolution I've made this year - both the spiritual ones and the health ones. I know these things will bring me happiness, but it's still hard to do them. 

Rubin also says,  "It takes work to be happier, but it's gratifying work; the real challenge is to decide purposefully what to do - and then do it."

And, "Every day, I remind myself to accept myself, and expect more from myself."

I want to echo Rubin - Every day, I need to remind myself to accept myself, and to expect more from myself. (I think right now I'm doing a little bit too much accepting, and not enough expecting.)

So, I'm "resetting" February. Today is my new day one. I'm going to renew my efforts with my health goals starting today. Fruit, vegetables, exercise, and sleep - I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. man it IS hard! I'm also struggling. Thanks for the boost in motivation though. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.