Friday, February 1, 2013

Happiness Today, Happiness Tomorrow


Aaahhh!!! You guys, I'm sort of freaking out right now. I start February's happiness project resolutions tomorrow, and I don't know if I can do them. February's my health month, so my resolutions are all physical fitness ones. They're sort of intense, and there's a lot of them, and I'm just kind of freaking out.

January went well, which gives me a confidence boost. My five resolutions (if you remember from this post) were to pray each morning and night, read my scriptures for at least twenty minutes a day, go to the temple twice a month, have family home evening once a week, and find out if I have a visiting teaching assignment and, if I do, to go visiting teaching.

I wasn't perfect on any of the resolutions, but I did pretty good. I read my scriptures almost every day. I prayed both morning and night almost every day. Jason and I went to the temple once. We did actually have family home evening every week (although sometimes a little late), so I guess we did really good on that one. And a couple weeks ago I asked the relief society presidency if I have a visiting teaching assignment, they got back to me last week and told me who I have, I called her on Sunday, and she asked me to call her again this Sunday once she's figured out her schedule. So that ball is rolling now.

So, like I said, I wasn't perfect on any of the resolutions, but I'm sure doing a heck of a lot better than before. And, if I were to gauge my happiness level now and compare it to the beginning of the month, I am happier. I'm happier with myself because I'm doing the things that I always feel I should be doing. I think the thing that has brought me the biggest satisfaction this month is reading my scriptures every day. I am feeling closer to my Heavenly Father, which was the main goal of the month, and I'm being able to refocus and regain a better perspective on life.

Doing well on this month's resolutions does give me some hope for next month, even though I'm intimidated by all my health resolutions. After all, I was intimidated by this month's resolutions - and then I did them. I can do this. I know I can. I just have to grit my teeth and do it. And by the end of next month, all of my new resolutions will be much easier and come much more naturally to me - just like this months.

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.