Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day one!


Day one of my happiness project!

January, Month 1
Theme: Spirituality

Main goal: To strengthen my testimony and deepen my relationship with my Heavenly Father and with Jesus Christ.

Individual resolutions:
  • Pray at least twice a day - in the morning and at night.
  • Study the scriptures at least twenty minutes a day.
  • Go to the temple twice a month.
  • Hold family home evening once a week.
  • Find out if I have a visiting teaching assignment, and if I do, go visiting teaching.

It made a lot of sense to have my set my first month's theme as spirituality. My relationship with God is naturally the most important thing in my life. I feel comfortable saying that it's the most important thing in every person's life, whether they've ever thought of it or not. The question of whether there is a God and, if there is, if he cares about what we're doing, is clearly one of utmost importance.

For a very, very long time, I have known there is a God and that he knows and cares about each one of us. All too often, however, I get distracted by the busy-ness of life and fail to consistently do the things that strengthen my relationship with him. This month I'm going to focus on those things - especially reading the scriptures and real, heartfelt prayer - that strengthen my testimony of him and bring me joy, comfort, peace, and happiness.

Again, I'm taking inspiration for this project from The Happiness Project and Happier at Home, both by Gretchen Rubin. A Happiness Project is one in which you make resolutions to do the things that make you happy and stop doing the things that make you unhappy. If you'd like to join me this year in doing a happiness project, I would love that! Let me know, and we can help each other along!


1 comment:

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.