Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gearing up for the New Year

You guys, I'm pumped.  2013 is right around the corner, and I think it's going to be a great year.

Usually when January 1st hits, I have the realization: "Hey! It's the New Year! I should make some resolutions. What do I want to do this year?" And I make a list and it's a good one and I'm excited to do the things that are on it. And then I forget about it, and my year passes in much the same way it always does.

But this year is different.

This year, I began thinking about my resolutions weeks ago. This year, I have a plan. This year, I have a system for keeping track of what I do every single day.

Do you remember a very long time ago when I posted about these books that I wanted to read? Well, I did read them all. It took me forever, but I did eventually post reviews of both the Beyonders series and The Kane Chronicles. But even though I read it at the same time as those other books, I still haven't posted a review of The Happiness Project. Why haven't I? Well, it's certainly not because I didn't like the book. (Sorry for the double negative.) I really liked it. There was tons of insightful stuff in there and I wanted to share it all with you - and I think that's where the problem was. I couldn't remember everything I wanted to share, so I wanted to read it again to mark it all down so I could remember, and then...Ellie was born. And I had a newborn. And we moved. And I forgot.

Buuuuuut.....the time has come! My old roommates and I, although we're now spread out across the country, have decided to start a book club. We're going to read one book a month and then discuss it with each other through Facebook. And our first book is...The Happiness Project! We thought it would be a good one to kick it off with since it can help us make goals for the new year.

For our book club, we're going to be discussing the book at the end of January, but I wanted to get a head start so I could start my own Happiness Project on January 1st. So, I reread the book over the last couple of weeks. I took lots of notes this time, marking anything I thought was particularly insightful or cool or got me thinking, so I'll have a lot to share and discuss with you over the year. And I'm so excited! I can't wait to start this project and have these goals for myself and increase my own happiness and the happiness of those around me.

If any of you would like to join us (in either our book club or in doing a Happiness Project), let me know!

1 comment:

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.