Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas

Christmas was awesome! I've got to say that it's my favorite holiday (I think, in big part, because of all the fun and happy and cozy weeks leading up to it) and this year was great.

We woke up Christmas morning at the Thomas household. Michael, Shelley, and Emily stayed the night Christmas Eve, and Michael, Jason, and I were up pretty early with the baby girls (about six am). Jason made us all a delicious breakfast of eggs, bacon, rolls, hashbrowns, and orange juice, which we ate when everyone was all awake about eight o'clock.

We opened presents, and the girls played with each other and their new toys. Then Jason, Ellie, and I drove James and Diana to the airport. They were taking a flight to Texas, to see Jason's sister Tiffany who was having a scheduled c-section the next day (the 26th). (They got to Texas safely, the delivery went well, and both Tiffany and her beautiful new daughter Brynn are doing great!)

After we dropped them off we went to my dad's house, where Ellie was delighted to see and play with her Grandpa. We opened more presents, assembled a couple different things, and played with more Ellie toys.

After a couple hours of hanging out and having fun, we headed over to my grandparent's house.


It was so fun to see everyone. Ellie loved playing with her (second?) cousins Jake, Brooklyn, Aubrey, and Cameron. She kept following them around, watching them intently, and imitating what they were doing.  I really loved being able to see my own cousins and catch up with them. (And play basketball with them. And fly their miniature helicopters.)
 
The traditional line through the kitchen to get your food.
Unwrapping presents in the living room. :)
My cousin Ashley's son Cameron, whom Ellie loved. She kept following him around and copying everything he was doing.

We hope you had a Merry Christmas, too! 

1 comment:

  1. Such a good Christmas! We are so glad you guys live here now. (And so is Cameron so now he can have a buddy! - Although it doesn't look like he was much of a buddy in that last picture!! I am SO sorry if he pushed her! I can't tell, but the sequence of pictures suggests that she may have had some help falling.)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.