Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Truth about being a Mom

It's wonderful.


Surprisingly, exhilaratingly so.

Before I had Ellie, I knew logically that I wanted kids. I knew, logically, that that was the course I wanted for my life. But I was never a "baby person." I never got what the big deal was about babies.  So when I had Ellie - I was blown away. I had no idea the daily joy that Ellie would bring me. Not just happiness, not just satisfaction - joy. Now, I don't just logically want more children. I want them in the way that you want candy bars or vacation days - I really, really want them. They are wonderful.

Yes, there are hard times. The first couple months were pretty hard - healing from labor, being away from most of our friends and family in St. George - but there were still many moments of joy.

And now, with Ellie at an amazingly fun age? I look forward to seeing her in the morning and playing with her all day. I am delighted with the things she learns, the sounds she makes, the toys she shoves in my mouth.

I love being a mother. It is wonderful.

5 comments:

  1. I like that you want babies like you want candy bars. My thought was, "Wow, I wonder how many candy bars Jocelyn has eaten in her life?" - this included Reese's. Then I thought about how many children that equals. You are going to have a large clan my friend :)

    But, I do understand. The joy is immense and incomparable. I love it too, like candy bars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I love that you love it so much! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.