Sunday, April 22, 2012

Visit from Grandma & Grandpa

Last weekend we had a really fun visit from my mom, my stepdad, and my little sister Sydney. They live in Highland (about 4 hours away) and drove down here on Friday to spend the weekend with us. It was great.

On Saturday they took us to breakfast at the Black Bear, a restaurant over on Bluff Street. It was delicious and had a way fun atmosphere! Jason and I liked it so much that we're going back there for our anniversary on Monday. Seriously, the food was delicious. And the meals were so big that you could easily split them between two people, which makes it a great price.



After breakfast, we took them over to historic St. George to show them a couple things. (We had been planning on going to Zion's with them, but the weather was rainy and cold so we changed our plans.) We showed them the cool little water park thing, went to the library, went to Thomas Judd's General Store, tried to find Orson Pratt's house, and went to Brigham Young's winter home.

This was at the general store. Leninade! "A taste worth standing in line for!"

This sweet cane was at Brigham Young's home. I  actually snuck away from the tour group to get a better picture of it. That's all inlaid wood! And the little checkered circles were only like an inch in diameter. Skillful!

Brigham Young's Porch


Waiting for the tour. My mom's hiding her face because she's scared of cameras, but also because she's cold.

Afterwards we went home and my mom taught me how to cook a roast. Because of the rain, we stayed inside most of the rest of the day and on Sunday. It was kind of nice to be stuck inside, though. We played lots of games and my mom watched Ellie while I took a nap. It was great.

Sydney reading The Hungry Caterpillar to Ellie :)

We love having family come visit! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am IN LOVE with the photo of Sydney reading to Ellie. She looks so engaged in the book! Beautiful. You have a gorgeous family, Jocelyn.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.