Wednesday, March 7, 2012

An update on how we're doing

Hola! I thought I'd give you some kind of update on everything we're doing, and post some random pictures of Ellie making funny faces.


Ellie's doing great; she's almost three months old (next week!), which is just crazy. She looks (to me) like she's gaining a little bit of chub. She's also talking a ton. She coos to us all the time. When we took these pictures the other day, she was just sitting there cooing over and over. That's why her mouth is open in almost all the pictures.

Her sleeping pattern still changes like every week, but she's definitely starting to sleep for longer periods. This week she's been staying up until 1 or 1:30 in the morning, then finally falling asleep, and then waking up at 8:30 or 9 in the morning. So, I get like 7 hours of straight sleep! It's the best. Also, my favorite part of the day is when I hear her waking up in the morning, and I go into her room and start talking to her, and she gets this big smile on her face and just smiles up at me. Basically, she's adorable and we love her.


Jason's internship is going well. He's at the hospital campus closest to us now (there's two in St. George), so he just walks or rides his bike most days. He really likes all the people in the lab, and they like him, and they're really impressed with how well he's doing.

I'm doing good too. My days are pretty much filled with Ellie (who, like I'm sure all moms know, takes up more time and energy than you can imagine) and random side things. Today I worked on our taxes, and they're pretty much ready to turn in. (Jason was careful to give me the opportunity to do them, after what happened last year.)(also, to explain that whole experience better - I'd taken the Family Finance class at BYU, and was super excited to do our own taxes. So, when I found out they were already done...meltdown. Very funny meltdown.)

I've also been working on a big Shutterfly book lately of my freshman and sophomore years at BYU. It's been really fun to put together, and is reminding me of all the good times we had. My sophomore year was, very honestly, one of the best years of my life. I'll have to tell you the story of it sometime.


Finally, we're coming back down to California in a week and a half for my good friend Jaime's wedding. So, if you're down there, heads up! We're driving down Friday the 16th. 

So yeah, that's what we're up to!

2 comments:

  1. I love reminiscing with old pictures. And how cute is Ellie?! Ahhh! My favorite thing with Iris is seeing her big smile when she wakes up and sees Shaun and me. It melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smiles you get after they wake up from napping!! Emily just started REACHING for us. SOO fun!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.