Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm baaaaaack!!!

Hiiiiiiiii everyone! Oh, I've missed you so much! I really, really have. I am so happy to connected to you again! I know that to you it just appears that I haven't posted in nearly three weeks, but really behind the scenes Jason and I have been pretty much cut off from the world, living on a isolated little island of isolation-ness.


How did this happen? Well, we moved. You might remember that I've mentioned before that Jason will be doing an internship down in St. George from January to June of this year. And so, just a couple days after Christmas (the 28th and 29th, to be exact), we packed absolutely everything we own into a trailer and drove down here from Provo. It was a lot of work, but we had lots of help - my dad lent us his trailer, my uncle let us borrow his truck, my mom and stepdad drove down with us and helped us unpack, and friends at both locations helped us load and unload.


I have to say, though, I had a hard time adjusting to being down here the first week and a half or so. The problem, like I mentioned above, was that we were very cut off from everyone we knew. Our family and friends were four hours away in one direction, and six hours away in another. We didn't have internet. And Jason was out of minutes on his phone for the first five days we were down here. And my phone was out of commission for that same time because I got a new one and was switching providers. So, after my mom and stepdad drove off into the sunset, we were here, with no family...and no friends... and no internet...and no phones...and really no way to contact anyone we knew. Yeah. That was fun.

It was also hard because I wasn't able to go to church and meet people, like I normally would, because I've been staying home with Ellie (since she's so little and we don't want to take her out in crowds quite yet).


But! Things have been improving on all fronts. We both got phone service again after a couple days, so we've been able to call and talk to family and friends. We finally got internet this week, so we can be a lot more widely connected. And, I was able to make a couple friends! Jason watched Ellie last Wednesday night, and I was able go to a church activity for women (Relief Society) and meet some people. There are some girls in our ward (congregation) that are also young mothers with young kids, and they seem really nice and cool and I'm excited to get to know them better. I was also able to go to  sacrament meeting (the first hour of church) this Sunday because Jason stayed home and watched Ellie. It was sooo nice to be able to go; I haven't been in like a month, and I missed it so bad!


So yeah! I'm excited to have internet and be connected with you all again. I'll post more soon, but for now, just know that Jason, Ellie, and I are alive! (And Ellie is so darn cute! And we love her so much! I'll post lots of photos of her soon.) Woot!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby! Welcome back to civilization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious! Iris was grinning from ear to ear when I showed her these pics =)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.