Thursday, February 3, 2011

Death and Taxes

Hi everyone! This is Jason. I just thought that I should tell you all a story of recent events. It goes something like this...

Me: Oh! The IRS has already got back to me about getting our return. I thought that would take weeks before they did that. But I guess since I'm probably the only person in America who has filed their taxes already they...
Jocelyn: The taxes?
Me: Yep. Filed them last night.
Jocelyn: The federal taxes?
Me: Uh huh.
Jocelyn: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You filed our taxes!

(At this point Jocelyn proceeded to throw herself upon me as though in the depths of darkest agony and despair)

Jocelyn: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I studied years for this! And you FILED them! I could have helped! I could have helped! NoooooooooooOOooo... etc...

(She proceeded then to ooze slowly to the floor in a heap of sorrow and woe)

After several minutes of comforting, we both ended up in a laughing heap. She has forgiven me for my punctuality. I promised she could help every year for the rest of our life.

That is the end of my story. I hope you liked it.

2 comments:

  1. Jocelyn, you can come back to California and do MY taxes if it makes you happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me soooooo happy! This is the Jocelyn I love.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.