Friday, December 24, 2010

Smith Family Christmas Party




On Monday Jason and I had the great pleasure of attending one of my favorite annual events: the Smith Family Christmas Party. This party has a lot of tradition to it: We all meet at either my Grandma's house or my dad's house (usually my dad's house for the last couple years), have dinner, watch the little kids perform the nativity (or, if you are a little kid, dress up like a shepherd, wiseman, or angel and perform), watch the little kids have a candy swap, and have the awesomest white elephant gift exchange in the world. Every year.


Growing up, all my cousins and siblings seemed to want different parts in the nativity every year: sometimes they'd want to be wisemen, sometimes angels, once in a while Joseph or Mary. But there was only one part I ever wanted to be, only one costume I immediately found and dressed up as year after year after year: a shepherd.

Why?

The sheep.


I loved those sheep. There were two. This is one of them.


Every year I'd happily carry my sheep out to the nativity scene and sit with it the whole time, making sure it was taken care of.



I love all my cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. Merry Christmas to you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.