Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Brought to you by Labor


So yesterday, Labor Day, we were able to drive up to Highland and spend the whole day at my mom's house. We did lots of things, including making cookies, taking pictures, organizing, reading, Ticket to Ride, and a game of croquet in the afternoon. I've never played croquet before, to tell you the truth. It's really fun. It's even more fun when you're doing so bad that people don't mind when you move the little wicket things.


After croquet, we all hopped in the van to go to the grocery store to pick some things up for dinner. Sydney, who has super-human hearing, heard the ice cream man somewhere in the neighborhood next over. We used her hearing to track him through the streets until he suddenly appeared right in front of us. Sydney jumped out of the car and ran to him...and I followed close behind. :) I love the ice cream man.


Mmmmm. Ninja turtle. With bubble gum eyes.


I may or may not have broken my pinky toe in the process. Okay, we're pretty sure I didn't break it, but I did strain (or sprain, or whatever you do) my "flexor digiti minimi" (according to Jason, who just took anatomy). It was worth it. I mean, bubble gum eyes.

Overall, it was a great day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome ice cream! Wish we had been there...I love a good game of croquet.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts.